The Bevington Group values the privacy of every individual and is committed to handling personal and health information in accordance with the privacy principles contained in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
This Website Privacy Statement only applies to websites, webpages and electronic addresses operated, maintained or administered by the Bevington Group under the domain names www.bevingtongroup.com and www.xep3.com. This privacy statement does not apply to any linked or other webspaces.
This privacy statement explains how your personal information will be handled by the Bevington Group when you access and interact with its webspaces including any service accessible through its webspaces that facilitates interactive information sharing. Examples of web services include social-networking services (e.g. Facebook), wikis (e.g. Wikipedia), blogs, micro-blogs (e.g. Twitter) and web feed services (e.g. RSS feed). The Bevington Group recommends that you read any terms and conditions (including any privacy statement or policy) that apply to any web service as any such terms and conditions relating to the handling of your personal information by the web service will prevail over this privacy statement to the extent of any inconsistency.
The use of the term “personal information” in this privacy notice means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
The Bevington Group may update this privacy statement from time to time. Any changes to this privacy statement will be published on this page.
Collection of Personal Information
The types of personal information that the Bevington Group may collect through its web spaces include:
- your name, email address, telephone number, IP address and other contact or identification details
- the content of any online application, enquiry, submission, subscription, survey or complaint that you submit to any of its web spaces
- the content of any other solicited or unsolicited electronic communication that you send to any of its web spaces
- any registration information that you provide to use any web service which is accessible through any of its web spaces
- the content of any comments that you post to, or otherwise make available on, any of its web spaces using any web service
- any other information that you provide to, or make available on, any of its web spaces
- metadata relating to any electronic communications that you send to any of the Bevinton Group’s webspaces (examples of metadata include your electronic address, time and date sent, time and date received, unique message identification, message type, message length, etc.)
The Bevington Group relies upon you to ensure that any personal information that you provide to, or make available on, its web spaces is accurate, current, complete and relevant. The Group also relies upon you to advise it of any changes to such personal information.
You can browse any of the Bevington Group’s web spaces anonymously without disclosing any of your personal information to the Group. However, if you do not provide any information requested on any of the Bevington Group’s web spaces for the provision of a service then the Bevington Group may not be able to provide the service to you.
Use of Personal Information
The main purposes in collecting personal information about individuals are:
- to provide our services;
- to respond to an individual’s request;
- to maintain contact with clients;
- to keep clients and other contacts informed of the services we offer and industry developments that may be of interest to them, and to notify them of service offerings, seminars and other events we are holding;
- for general management and reporting purposes, such as invoicing and account management;
- for recruitment purposes;
- for purposes related to the employment of our personnel and providing internal services to our staff; and
all other purposes related to our business.
We may use personal information about individuals to market our services, including by email. However, individuals always have the opportunity to elect not to receive further marketing information from us by writing to The Privacy Officer, The Bevington Group, Level 4, 55 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, or by emailing us. Please allow 28 days for your request to be processed.
Alternatively, if we have contacted you by email, you may use the unsubscribe function in that email to notify us that you do not want to receive further marketing information from us by email.
If we collect or use personal information in ways other than as stated in this policy, we will ensure we do so pursuant to the requirements of the Privacy Act.
Employee records are not generally subject to the Privacy Act and therefore this policy may not apply to the handling of information about employees by the Bevington Group. For information about our practices relating to employee information, please contact us directly.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The Bevington Group does not routinely disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
- required by law;
- use or disclosure is permitted by this policy;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested (or, in the case of a partner or employee of the Bevington Group, it is necessary to maintaining or related to your role at the Bevington Group);
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or a customer of the Bevington Group or the interests of the Bevington Group;
- some or all of the assets or operations of the Bevington Group are or may be transferred to another party as part of the sale of some or all of the Bevington Group’s business; or
- you give your consent.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell or trade personal information to third parties, or allow such third parties to use that personal information.
The Bevington Group uses a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations (including internal business requirements, such as recruitment and human capital requirements). This means that individuals and organisations outside of human capital will sometimes have access to personal information held by human capital and may collect or use it from or on behalf of human capital. This may include, but is not limited to, independent contractors and consultants, travel service providers, mail houses, off-site security storage providers, website hosts, electronic database managers, or event managers, credit managers and debt collecting agencies. We require our service providers to adhere to our privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
If the Bevington Group’s staff obtain products or services offered by a third party pursuant to an agreement or arrangement between that third party and the Bevington Group, such as a credit card provider, we may provide your personal information to that third party, including information that relates to your use of such services.
Privacy on our Websites
This policy also applies to any personal information we collect via our websites, including www.bevingtongroup.com and www.xep3.com. In addition to personal information you provide to us directly (such as where you make a request or complete a registration form), the Bevington Group may also collect personal information from you via its websites.
In order to properly manage our websites, we may log certain statistics about the users of the sites, for example the users’ domains and browser types. None of this information specifically identifies an individual and it is used solely to ensure that our websites present the best possible navigational experience for visitors.
Whenever a registered member logs in to our websites, they will be identified by their user name and password. The information we collect about members’ use of our websites is used purely for measuring site performance and in assisting to resolve any technical difficulties.
Security of Personal Information
Depending on the purpose for which we have collected personal information (for example, registration for a Bevington Group event or a request for particular information or material), we may store some of the information electronically. Some or all of this personal information may be available to partners and authorised staff of The Bevington Group for use in accordance with this policy.
The Bevington Group will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, whether electronically or in hard-copy, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. We also require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by the Bevington Group.
Access and correction to Personal Information
To request access to, or correction of, any of your personal information held by the Bevington Group, please contact us.
We will provide access to personal information upon request by an individual, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted for us to withhold this information (for instance, where granting access would infringe another person’s privacy).
When you make a request to access personal information, we will require you to provide some form of identification (such as a driver’s licence or passport) so we can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates. In some cases we may also request an administrative fee to cover the cost of access.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you may contact us by writing to: The Privacy Officer, The Bevington Group, Level 4, 55 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, or by emailing us.